Trafford Bikeability Level 1 & 2
The Bicycle Society is a registered provider of Bikeability.
Please read ALL information on this page.
Your child must be able to ride a bike.
Prior to the course, can your child:
- Ride a bike independently
- Steer bike confidently
- Ride with one hand.
Your child will get:
- 9 hours of cycle training.
- 1 hour in the park to prepare bike skills
- 8 Hours of local roads, progressing in complexity.
- Bikeability Certified Certificate
- Experience cycling to local schools, parks, shops
- Experience planning own bike rides and finding new places to explore
- Highly experienced, expert support in becoming very confident with cycling on roads.
- A strong sense of independence and confidence to cycle on quiet to moderate volume roads around Altrincham, Timperley, Sale and Hale.
What your child needs:
- Bike – Available to borrow for free from our shop (Please make a note when booking, limited availability)
- Your bike must be roadworthy and ready to ride. Please ensure it has been serviced, tyres pumped up and ready to go. Any time spent fixing bikes will reduce time spent cycling.
- If you are unsure, please book your bike in for a complimentary health check at our shop – to book, call – Rob, 07921253123
- Helmet – Available to purchase from our shop, (please order with a minimum of one week prior to course).
- Clothes suitable for the weather – Only torrential rain or adverse weather will postpone the lesson. We will proceed in light rain.
- Water and Snack in a backpack.
- A positive and mature attitude to take part and learn.
Drop off: Stamford Park. Stamford Park Rd, Altrincham, WA159JB
Collection: Stamford Park. Stamford Park Rd, Altrincham, WA159JB
Please arrive 10 minutes early for collection and drop off. When we are cycling on the road we will wait up to 15 minutes.
If your child is booked on a course and is not competent enough t to ride on the road you will be asked to collect your child and no refund will be made. If you are unsure about your child ability to ride on the roads on this course you can book them in for a 1:1 lesson with our coach. To book this please call Rob – 07921253123